SeptClean contains fast working enzymes and organisms that will digest and degrade organic matter including human wastes, cigarette butts, vegetable matter, paper, grease, detergents and other organic solids that accumulate in your tank and plug up the soakaway, clogging the septic system and reducing the volume for free flowing fluids in your system. This application of SeptClean to septic tank systems and grease trap systems replaces microorganisms that have been destroyed through use of modern day disinfectants and chemicals.
Inside a septic tank, there are three layers. The top layer is the scum layer where organic material floats to the surface. Bacteria in the septic tank biologically convert this material to a liquid. The middle layer is the effluent layer where mostly clear water will be found. This clear water is the only layer that should enter your absorption area. The bottom layer is the sludge layer. This layer is where the inorganic or inert solid materials and the by-products of bacterial digestion sink. The undigested sludge in the bottom of the tank should be treated regularly to keep the system healthy and functioning. Systems that build up a heavy deposit of sludge must be pumped, depending on usage and tank size. If the sludge is not removed periodically, it will eventually carry over into the leach field and cause the field to fail.
• Excessive use and dumping of cooking oils and grease can fill up the upper part of the septic tank and can cause the inlet drains to block. Oils and grease are often difficult to degrade and can cause odour problems and higher emptying costs. The septic tank smells and the system starts to fail. By adding 25ml to 50ml of our OxiPlus with our BioFree Drain treatment regularly, this will kick start the septic tank activities degrading oil and fat quicker.
• Flushing non-biodegradable hygiene products such as sanitary towels, cotton buds etc. will rapidly fill or clog a septic tank and these materials should not be disposed of in this way.
• The use of waste grinders for disposal of waste vegetable and food will cause a rapid overload of the system and early failure. Regular use of SeptClean and OxiPlus will compensate and digests organic waste quicker.
• Certain chemicals may damage the working of a septic tank, especially antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, materials with high concentrations of Bleach or caustic soda (lye) or any other inorganic materials such as paints, solvents etc. If this happens add OxiPlus with our Emergency Treatment into the tank to reactivate the system. Try to prevent Bleach products and use our biological cleaning product MicroPower.
• Excessive water entering the system will overload it and cause it to fail. Checking for plumbing leaks and practicing water conservation will help the system's operation.
• Always use a biological cleaner such as MicroPower to support the tank activities. MicroPower will replace any Toilet chemicals needed to clean Toilets.
How to Use
The dosage is based upon the number of individuals using the sanitary installations. For a basis of 4 individuals, the following dosage applies :
• Seeding : 3 Mini-Solupacks
• Maintenance dosage : 1 Mini-Solupack per month
Directions for use
• Just add the Mini-Solupack into the toilet bowl
• Let it stand for 5 minutes to allow the dissolution of the sachet, then flush.